This section describes how to install JyDT by connecting to the JyDT update site on the internet. If you have downloaded an update site to a computer on your network, please follow the instructions to install from a local update site.
If you have another plug-in installed that includes an editor to open .py files, it might be better to uninstall it before proceeding with the installation of JyDT.
- Choose Help>Software Updates>Find and Install from the menu bar.
- The Install/Update dialog appears.
Select option "Search for new features to install" and press "Next".
- The dialog displays "Update sites to visit" which looks like this:
- Press "New Remote Site". The "New Update Site" dialog appears.
Fill it in as follows and press "OK".
JyDT Update Site http://www.redrobinsoftware.net/jydt/updatesite
- The dialog now looks like shown below.
Check item "JyDT Update Site" and press "Finish".
- Eclipse searches for updates. After a while, a new dialog displays "Search Results" with the available features.
Expand item "JyDT Update Site".
When you install the plug-in,
there will probably be more recent versions than
Check the version of "JyDT" that is appropriate for
the version of Eclipse that you are running and press "Next".
- The dialog now displays the "Feature Licence".
Read and accept the licence agreement. Press "Next".
- The dialog now displays "Installation".
Select the sites to install the plug-in in.
The default install location is probably OK. Press "Finish".
- Eclipse downloads the plug-in.
When you are prompted that you are installling an unsigned feature,
- Eclipse installs the plug-in.
When you are prompted to restart the workbench,
- Done. Read the getting started section to configure the plug-in before switching to the Jython perspective or the Jython Browsing perspective and creating your first Jython project.